I hardly know where to start with this post. Firstly, I am thankful. Thankful for all the people who touched my life this year both professionally and personally. I am honoured that I have been given such an amazing opportunity to capture memories for so many fabulous people. To be able to make a living doing the thing I love doing most in the world is truly a blessing and I am grateful. To all my clients, thank you for trusting me to tell the stories of your lives, it is a job I love to do and I’m touched that you asked me to help you tell your tales.
This year I ticked a few really big things off my ‘Bucket List’. Each one of these achievements means the world to me and keeps me going on this journey.
1) I went overseas for the very first time attending WPPI, having a lot of fun along the way and making some wonderful friends.
2) I won my first international awards. Not one, but 4! I still pinch myself every day when I think about it
3) I was published. I had 7 magazine covers with Practical Parenting published this year, 2 massive ad displays at Sydney Airport, I had some work with Australian celebrities published and have just picked up a new job of shooting covers for another publication based overseas. I am still flabbergasted when I think that I have only just past my 2nd year in business and my work is on shelves across the country!
4) I was asked to supply one of my weddings to the fabulous album company Finao. To say I was honoured when they asked if they could use a wedding of mine so they can make a display piece for WPPI and other conventions is a understatement. Finao, I heart you!
5) I was asked to shoot a wedding in Orange County with one of the most amazing, generous and well known photographers on the planet. Becker, for that and for your friendship I thank you! You are beautiful.
6) I was beyond speechless when my favourite female photographer Jasmine Star asked me to host her very first workshop in Australia. The fact that she trusted me to put together a workshop for her is not something I take lightly, it truly is an honour and I feel blessed to call Jasmine a friend.
In addition to working for my fabulous clients I have made wonderful friends along the way. Friendships that mean the world to me, through blogging and through working I have created lasting relationships with people from all over the world. It makes me smile thinking about all the new friendships I have made this year. Having these people in my life who are also on the same journey as me, whom I can confide in, lean on for support and trust wholeheartedly makes my photography journey so much better. So much so that I wanted to share with you just some of the other photographers who have touched my life in a positive way during 2009. There are a few people who I simply don’t have photos of, (James, Lanne, Bella, Jen, Natt, Lyndal & Brian – that is something we will have to fix in 2010!)
This year I learnt a lot. Some things good, some things bad, but mostly I leant that with the support of my family and friends I can juggle all my colourful balls and manage to keep them up in the air. Without my family and friends I would not be here living this journey. Thank You for making my life more beautiful!
And finally, I wanted to share with you, my faithful blog readers my favourite images from my various portraits and weddings from 2009. I knew when I purchased the song in the slideshow earlier in the year that I wanted to use it for my 2009 post, this song is so relevant on so many levels but mostly because I had a dream that I could fly and you all helped me do it. While I had a difficult time culling the images to fit the song, I realised that I really did have a very busy yet very fabulous 2009! Please be patient and wait for it to load Enjoy!
I hope you all have a very Happy and Healthy Christmas and a Safe New Year!